Choosing the Best Reception Furniture
You have more than likely heard the saying, “You never get a second chance to make a good first impression”, and that testament rings true even more so when it comes to your business and how you appear to future and recurring customers. When potential clients walk into your business your goal is to leave them impressed, comfortable and satisfied. Much like meeting someone for the first time, individuals who enter your business are going to immediately make assumptions about who you are, what kind of a business you have, and what message you are trying to send to customers. One of the easiest and most effective ways to positively influence how the individuals entering your business view you is in the reception furniture layout.
A boring, uncomfortable or dull space gives off the impression that your business may be outdated or not interested in their outward appearance, so it is time to step it up and rethink that guest area and the reception furniture layout. Likewise, a bright and engaging reception area insinuates to guests that your business is updated, lively, and a place where customers can feel comfortable at all times. Small details can go a long way and as a result things such as plants and decoration, selecting the right reception furniture, and positioning that furniture in such a way that is easily accessible to customers are just a few things a business can do to give their reception area a quick and easy face lift. Here are some more tips to help you when thinking about your reception area:
- Pick stylish yet functional office reception furniture, placing importance on your reception desk. They come in all shapes, sizes, styles, and finishes depending on the aesthetic you are after. Be sure to choose a unique reception desk and one that makes your office receptionist accessible to guests, facing the entrance.
- Add some comfortable reception furniture and chairs for office guests to relax in while they wait. You can go modern or classic, depending on the look and feel of your office space. In your office reception area, place office occasional tables such as coffee tables and side tables, with some magazines or newspapers out for guests to engage with while they pass the time.
- Hang some art on the walls so guests aren’t stuck staring at a plain wall. You can go bold or classy, depending on the overall workplace aesthetic and reception furniture layout. You could also hang a TV somewhere and have the news on. In doing so, this shows that you like to stay up to date on current events and it keeps your visitors entertained while they wait.
- Consider adding some plants to your reception area (that are easy to maintain). You can put small ones on the office reception furniture or desk. Another option is to place them on the small reception tables or possibly add larger plants to the corner areas as a space filler. Plants have the ability to easily bring warmth and life to any office space or reception area.
- Have your company logo somewhere in the space, preferably making it one of the first things people see when they enter through the front door. We suggest organizing your reception furniture layout to highlight the company logo, if possible. This small touch instantly makes your business recognizable in the eyes of the individual entering your business and in the future they will always associate you with your company logo.
- Add a water cooler or coffee machine, or be sure to offer it to guests that come in. This is one of the simplest ways a business can make their reception area feel inviting and comfortable. You could even consider strategically placing your reception furniture in an area close to these refreshment stations so that they are easily accessible at all times.
These tips and tricks, along with a warm and welcoming staff and atmosphere are just a few ways to make your business uniquely stand out from the crowd. Many businesses do not put the time and effort required to make their reception area one that is worthwhile and unfortunately, that is one of the quickest ways to negatively impact the way your customers view your business. If, on the chance they happen to be first time customers, first impressions do mean everything and your reception area and reception furniture layout can potentially be a factor in whether or not that customer decides to return in the future.
The D2 Office Furniture + Design team is eager and ready to help you design the perfect office reception area, working with you every step of the way to turn your dream reception area into a reality. We specialize and pride ourselves in making sure you, as the business, feel comfortable with your space and ensure you know it like the back of your hand. From picking the perfect office reception furniture and desk to creating an optimal reception furniture layout for the space, our office design specialists can do it all so you don’t have to worry. Our goal at D2 Office Furniture + Design is to find a reception furniture layout that compliments your space while also being practical in how we use the space made available to us to ensure guest satisfaction to the highest extent.
The design specialists at D2 Office Furniture + Design have the expertise needed to elevate your business and office space to one that will stand the test of time and leave your customers coming back for more. If you are interested in taking your office reception area to the next level, maximizing your reception area space, and having your customers leave your business pleased with both the atmosphere and service we highly encourage you to get in touch with us today or take a look at our reception furniture options including reception chairs and our collection of unique office reception desks.